Stuffed Cabbage (Lahana Sarması)
Hi friends ! Today , we will talk about stuffed cabbage with you. One of the winter vegetables cabbage is used in many different shapes in Turkey. Various dishes , salads , pickles and stuffed cabbages are made from cabbage. The most favourite cabbage dish of Turkish cuisine is stuffed cabbage. Because this dish , which is appreciated by everyone with its taste , attracts people with its appearance . Because of these features , it is one of the best treats for guests. In addition to being widely preferred as a main dish for dinner , it is also widely consumed as a snack.
Stuffed cabbage is made in two different ways according to the regions. In some regions it is made using rice , in some regions meat. In both ways , it is consumed and loved by the Turks. It is not as a difficult to make as other stuffed flavors. However , this dish requires some manual dexterity and time.
- 2 Pot
- 1 cabbage
- 1 glass rice
- 1 dessert spoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cummin
- 1 dessert spoon dry mint
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- Dice the onions and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to thepan and brown them together .
- Wash the rice , add it to the pan and brown it with theonions.
- Add tomato paste and spices and brown for two more minutes.
- Seperate the cabbage leaves one by one and wash them well.
- Put a lot of water in a pot and boil it . Add the leaves inthe water and boil for 3 -4 minutes andtake the leaves out of the pot with the help of a strainer.
- Put a few of the boiled cabbage leaves on the bottom of thecooking pot.
- Separate the hard parts of the other cabbage leaves with aknife. Make the remaining parts square . Then , put a spoon of fillingingredients into each part and make the filling ingredients into a thinline androll it up tightly. Later , put the stuffed cabbages regularly in the cookingpot.
- Pour the olive oil over it and add enough boiling water tocover the stuffed cabbage .
- Put a plate on them and cook for about 35 minutes on lowheat.
- After the stuffed cabbage are cooked , serve with lemon andyoghurt.
Enjoy your meal!
Stuffed cabbage is a dish made by wrapping boiled cabbage leaves with filling ingredients. This carefully prepared dish is served with yoghurt. If you are looking for a hot and delicious meal on cold winter days , you can choose stuffed cabbage with peace of mind. We are sure that you will like it very much. Don’t forget write your comment.